Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The journey home: 2972km - 3020km


Kino finally came home this morning. \(^o^)/ Last night I walked my ass down to Home Despot and found an appropriate security chain. Unfortunetly, this particular Home Despot was short one chain-cutting device. Lucky for me, my father was kind enough to drive into Richmond to another Chain-Provider, which had the necessary hydraulic slicer. (Apparently the machine took 10 mins to chew through the chain. I'm guessing it's the same gauge they use to connect container ships to their anchors.) Then again, it WAS a good excuse for Dad to see his granddaughter, who I happened to be hanging out with when he came out to deliver the chain. ;)

Anywho, we left Whiterock around nine-thirty on a hot Summer's morning. Highway 99 was single lane due to some, well, lawn trimming. So I got to practice my low speed riding for about fifteen minutes. I'm starting to think that Cruisers don't like to ride dead slow!

After dealing with the stop and go of 99, I decided to avoid the skytrain construction on Cambie to get downtown. So I took Oak Street. Y'know, you don't notice all those intersections that happen to be on hills when you're in a car.

All in all it was a good ride. It felt like drivers around me somehow knew I was a novice, and they gave me extra space and most importantly, seemed to recognize that I was there. I was rather late for work after all was said and done, but as usual no one seemed to notice. Here's to being inconspicous!

1 Comments:

Blogger chizukeeki said...

I think she feels a little trapped...being chained to the post and all. I guess Kino doesn't dig the S&M scene.

6/07/2006 11:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home