Thursday, June 15, 2006

First group rides: 3392km - 3515km


Tuesday afternoon was our first group ride since I got my license. First impressions? I love it. There's something unabashedly cool about riding into town in a group like a bunch of bad-asses, and gliding to our parking spots like some sort of jet fighter maneuver. However, I think my poor parking skills along with my bright red schoolbag might be cramping our intimidation factor.

So Tuesday afternoon I met up with Martina at her joint in Richmond. She has a brand spankin' new CBR600, and gawd is it FAST. She goes into second gear about the time I'm thinking about fourth. But it was a great ride. Martina lead us to Horseshoe Bay, where we stopped for pizza and pop. The weather was perfect, with patchy grey storm clouds keeping things cool but stopping short of raining on us.

This morning I met up with Raymond for a short jaunt around town, including Crab Park and a stop at The Plant! for some coffee and a snack. Raymond rides yet another CBR, and it's one cool lookin' bike. I always feel like I'm some sort of human ordanance when I'm sitting on one of those crotch-rockets though. Still, I'd love to try one again some day.



I admit, I'm an addict. I can't stop thinking about when Kino and I can go for another uncharted adventure. Life's getting pretty busy right now, but there always seems to be a way to sneak Kino into the itinerary somehow. If it wasn't for the helmet head and the fact that I need the walk, I'd be riding it to work everyday. Hmm...maybe I should just get a bandana and join a gym. ;)



3 Comments:

Blogger chizukeeki said...

Oh noes! The light side! How could you let this come to pass?

That's awesome. I've seen those things around town. I almost got run over on the Cambie St. Bridge sidewalk actually. When are you going to go shopping for one? Can I come??? Puuulleeasseee??

We can all go out for picnics! I have a friend with a Scooter I promised a picnic, so you don't have to worry about keeping up. (Not that it's really an issue with me riding.) As the most experienced you can be Tour Captain!

6/15/2006 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger slugbath said...

Aww, can Molly and I come? I'm a pretty quick cyclist...

6/20/2006 06:21:00 AM  
Blogger chizukeeki said...

...and I'm a pretty slow rider. You'll be fine. If not, I'll throw you a tow line.

6/20/2006 02:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home