Saturday, June 24, 2006

Gear shopping and such - 3772km - 3883km

Due to the World Urban Forum and chronic staff shortages at work, I haven't had the time to do a lot of the rides I was planning to this week. We did manange to get out to Langley to pick up some new gear (a safety vest from Molly, and a sun visor from moi), but I didn't bring my camera to take any pics. Saw lots of other good stuff (including this: Joe Rocket Rapid Transit Combat Tail Bag) but it'll have to wait for now.

The ride to Langley was amazing. Huge black clouds started to loom up ahead, and the air turned cold on the highway. But they didn't seem interested in us, and we never felt a drop of anything but blasting summer sunshine. Followed a huge Honda Cruiser that looked just like a cop, with the rider with the appropriate helmet and all. Very cool.

Other than that, we've only had a few short rides around town. Hoping to join up with Newbie ride #9 next Tuesday, but we'll see how it goes.

Wish I had some pictures of that Thunderstorm! Man, sometimes I really wish I had one of those helmet-mounted cameras.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home