Monday, June 19, 2006

Kino meets some new friends: 3572km - 3772km






So tonight Kino and I went on our first big group ride with BC Sportsbikes' newbie ride #7 to Squamish. I was in the tailing group, with Martina as Captain and Scott as Lieutenant covering the rear. Monica and I took positions 2 & 3 respectively, and up the coast we went. I must admit, I've never rode that hard before. But Kino handled the windy road really well, and we kept up with our group without too much difficulty. Everyone was really cool, and there was no pressure to ride beyond our comfort level. (Groups 1 & 2 were reserved for the riders that were intent on breaking the sound barrier.) No shortage of wisdom to be learned from the ride and the other riders. Again, I just can't get over how cool every motorcycle rider I've met or passed is. If you want to make a lot of good friends really fast, get a bike!

Ugh, too tired to write cleverly. Just look at the pics dammit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home