Sunday, July 02, 2006

Happy Canada Day! - 4338km - 4249km



What an awesome Canada Day! Sunny, plenty hot, and the best night sky you could imagine for fireworks. Kino and I rode out to Yayoi-san's house, and she cooked an awesome dinner of Salmon, Fried Rice, and Miso Shiru. We tried some interesting sakura-flavoured green tea, which tasted a lot better than it sounds! After the big fireworks at Nat Baily (which we could kinda see from the balcony), Miho-san brought out some Japanese sparklers, and we went out front each armed with a firework in one hand and a digital camera in the other. No better way to celebrate the nation's birthday than with things that sparkle and glow!

The evenings have been great for riding this week. It's a little too hot in the afternoon for anything in town, but once the sun goes down it's perfect for a little exploring. I'm much happier in my ability to handle Kino, and now that I know how to check the oil levels on my own I'm not too concerned about the recent gear oil leak. Yayoi-san has her motorcycle licence from Japan, and is really looking forward to a ride. Once I pass the 5,000km mark, it'll be time to get a second helmet and start going on some picnics! At this rate, I'll hit that mark sometime next week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home